Saturday 22 January 2011

Framing.


I wanted to explore the idea of framing and manipulating views further. I thought that the speedo material could be incorporated here. I made some wooden frames to act as supports for the material - the speedo one worked best - I like the irregular form from the different pieces of speedo - how the material behaved affected the shadows in particular. 

I then took these to the site to experiment - I made some films to show how the view could change - the catch is that the view would only change if you interact with the  fabric as the wooden frame supports it. I want to develop a design that promotes interaction with both the environment and other people. Here I like the idea that layers like this could hide things that one could reveal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment